Fiance Visa

What is a CR-2 visa?

Free Consultation »

The CR-2 visa (also known as a conditional resident visa) is issued by the United States embassy or consulate in the spouse’s home country for the purpose of allowing the spouse’s minor (under 21 and unmarried) children to legally enter as a resident and live permanently in the United States. After entry into the United States, the children are issued a residence (‘green card’) by the USCIS valid for 2 years from the date of entry. The child, termed a “conditional resident”, must file a petition with the USCIS to remove the conditions during the 90 day period prior to the expiration of the CR-1 visa in 2 years time.