Fiance Visa

Can a fiancé(e)’s children work legally after entering the United States?

Free Consultation »

Yes. Upon entry into the United States, any children are eligible to file an application for an employment authorization document (work permit) with the USCIS. The USCIS processing of the work permit application requires approximately 90 days. Also, any children can choose to wait and file an application for a work permit along with the application for permanent residence (‘green card’). Upon receipt of the work permit, any children can be legally employed.