Fiance Visa

Can a U.S. citizen get married in a fiancé(e)’s home country?

Free Consultation »

Yes, however, if the U.S. citizen marries their fiancé(e) in the fiancé(e)’s home country, the fiancé(e) is no longer eligible for a K-1 visa. The foreign spouse would then be eligible for either a Conditional Resident (CR-1) visa (if married for fewer than 2 years) or an Immediate Relative (IR-1) visa (married for 2 years or more).