Fiance Visa

What happens after you receive the K-1 visa?

Free Consultation »

The consular officer will return your fiancé(e)’s and any child’s passports with K-1 and K-2 machine readable visas, along with a sealed packet containing the documents previously provided and other documents prepared by the United States embassy or consulate. The sealed packet must not be opened until such a time as the fiancé(e) and any children enter the United States, at which time it will be opened by the Customs and Border protection (CBP) officer. The K-1 visa holder must enter the United States previous to, or at the same time as their children.