Fiance Visa

Can a fiancé(e) work legally after they enter the United States?

Free Consultation »

Yes. Upon entry into the United States, the fiancé(e) is eligible to file an application for an employment authorization document (work permit) with the USCIS. The USCIS processing of the work permit application requires approximately 90 days. Also, the fiancé(e) can choose to wait and file an application for a work permit along with the application for permanent residence (‘green card’). Upon receipt of the work permit, the fiancé(e) can be legally employed.