What is a permanent residence application?

Free Consultation »

A permanent residence application is filed in the United States by the foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The foreign spouse must have entered the United States on a non-immigrant visa (i.e. fiancé(e) visa, visitor visa, student visa, work visa etc.) or visa waiver and is currently in the United States legally or overstayed the visa. The application, if approved, allows the foreign spouse to obtain permanent residence. A review of the facts of the foreign spouse’s specific situation is required to make this determination.