In order to initiate the naturalization (U.S. citizenship) process, you must file an application with the USCIS as detailed below.
The following is a sample list of the documentation required by the USCIS.
- Original Application for Naturalization (Form N-400) with filing fee ($680). Learn more about naturalization (U.S. citizenship) fees here.
- Proof of lawful resident status.
i. Copy of permanent resident card.
- Two (2) color photographs (dimension of 2”x2”).
- Copy of divorce and/or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) (if applicable).
- Copy of marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Copy of passport.
- Criminal Records (if applicable).
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.