At the interview, the consular officer will verify that all required documentation has been provided by the H-1B applicant’s spouse and/or child(ren).
The following is a sample list of the documentation required by the United States Embassy.
- Confirmation Page confirming completion of Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) online.
- Payment of Nonimmigrant Visa Application Processing Fee ($190) for each applicant. Learn more about H-4 visa fees here.
- Passport with expiration date of at least 6 months beyond issuance of H-4 visa for each applicant.
- Color photograph (dimension of 2”x2”) of foreign worker.
- Original USCIS Notice of Action (Form I-797B) approving the H-1B petition.
- Copy of previously filed H-1B petition.
- Proof of foreign worker’s credentials.
i. Copy of degree or diploma
ii. Copy of transcripts
iii. Degree evaluation (if a foreign degree)
- Schedule visa interview appointment.
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Contact us for a free consultation by:
Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer’