In order to change or extend the spouse’s or child(ren)’s status in the U.S., an application must be filed with the USCIS.
The following is a sample list of forms and documentation required by the USCIS.
- Original Application to Change/Extend Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539) with filing fee ($290). Learn more about H-1B visa fees here.
- Copy of marriage certificate (for spouse).
- Copy of birth certificate (for child(ren)).
- Copy of biographic page of spouse and/or child(ren)’s passport.
- Copy of spouse and/or child(ren)’s Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record.
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.