Sample Lists

Sample H-4 Application List

Free Consultation »

In order to change or extend the spouse’s or child(ren)’s status in the U.S., an application must be filed with the USCIS.

The following is a sample list of forms and documentation required by the USCIS.

  1. Original Application to Change/Extend Nonimmigrant Status (Form I-539) with filing fee ($290). Learn more about H-1B visa fees here.
  2. Copy of marriage certificate (for spouse).
  3. Copy of birth certificate (for child(ren)).
  4. Copy of biographic page of spouse and/or child(ren)’s passport.
  5. Copy of spouse and/or child(ren)’s Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record.

*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Additional Questions?

For a further understanding of when and how the H-4 visa process works, you may wish to read our outline of the H-1B visa process, or our H-1B visa FAQs.

Contact us for a free consultation by:

Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer


Calling 206.269.1200