Does the foreign worker have to possess a bachelor’s degree?

Free Consultation »

Yes. The foreign worker may possess either a U.S. bachelor’s degree; a foreign bachelor’s degree (that is determined to be the equivalent to a U.S. degree); or demonstrate that s/he has education, specialized training, and/or progressively responsible experience that is equivalent to the completion of a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation. In general, the USCIS recognizes 3 years of work experience or training in the field as equivalent to 1 year of college.