Can the foreign worker change status to H-1B status in the United States?

Free Consultation »

Yes. If the foreign worker entered the United States in a different non-immigrant visa category (i.e. visitor); was present in the United States in valid non-immigrant status when the H-1B petition was approved; and a request for a change of status from the non-immigrant status to H-1B status was requested, then the foreign worker could begin employment on the first date of validity of the H-1B status.