In order to initiate the immigrant visa process, the petitioner (permanent resident) must file a petition on behalf of the beneficiary (unmarried son/daughter) with the USCIS.
The following is a sample list of the documentation required by the USCIS.
- Original Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) with filing fee ($420). Learn more about immigrant visa fees here.
- Original Biographic Information Sheet (Form G-325A) for unmarried son/daughter.
- Original Biographic Information Sheet (Form G-325A) for permanent resident.
- Proof of petitioner’s permanent residence.
i. Copy of permanent resident card
- Two (2) color photographs (dimension of 2”x2”) of unmarried son/daughter.
- Two (2) color photographs (dimension of 2”x2”) of permanent resident.
- Proof of Relationship
i. Copy of unmarried son/daughter’s birth certificate
- Copy of marriage certificate of unmarried son/daughter’s parents.
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Contact us for a free consultation by:
Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer’.