It is our opinion that the United States embassy interview is the most crucial stage of the process. At the interview, the consular officer will verify that all required documentation has been provided by the foreign relative.
The following is a sample list of the documentation required by the United States Embassy.
- Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (Form DS-260) Confirmation Page.
- Visa Application fee ($325) for the foreign relative. Learn more about immigrant visa fees here.
- Passport with expiration date of at least 6 months beyond issuance date of immigrant visa
- Birth certificate.
- Divorce, annulment and/or death certificates of any previous spouses (if applicable).
- Child custody decree (if applicable).
- Police certificate(s) from the foreign relative’s present country of residence and all countries where the foreign relative lived for 6 months or more since the age of 16.
- Military records (if applicable).
- Court and prison records (if applicable).
- Medical examination performed by an authorized physician
- Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) completed and signed by U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Two (2) color photographs (dimension of 2”x2”) of the foreign relative.
- Evidence of a bona-fide relationship between U.S. citizen or permanent resident and the foreign relative.
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Contact us for a free consultation by:
Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer’.