In order to initiate the immigrant visa process, the petitioner (Adult U.S. citizen) must file a petition on behalf of the beneficiary (brother/sister) with the USCIS.
The following is a sample list of the documentation required by the USCIS.
- Original Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) with filing fee ($420). Learn more about immigrant visa fees here.
- Original Biographic Information Sheet (Form G-325A) for brother/sister.
- Original Biographic Information Sheet (Form G-325A) for U.S. citizen.
- Proof of petitioner’s U.S. citizenship.
i. Copy of certificate of naturalization OR
ii. Copy of biographic page of U.S. passport OR
iii. Copy of certificate of birth
- Two (2) color photographs (dimension of 2”x2”) of brother/sister.
- Two (2) color photographs (dimension of 2”x2”) of U.S. citizen.
- Proof of Relationship
i. Copy of brother/sister’s birth certificate
ii. Copy of U.S. citizen’s birth certificate
- Copy of marriage certificate of brother/sister’s parents.
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.