In order to initiate or extend a TN, the petitioner (U.S. employer) may file a petition on behalf of the foreign worker with the USCIS.
The following is a sample list of forms and documentation required by the USCIS.
- Original Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker (Form I-129) with filing fee ($325). Learn more about TN visa fees here.
- TN Classification Supplement to Form I-129.
- U.S. employer’s Letter in Support of the petition specifying the nature of the U.S. employer’s business; duties of the position qualifying it as a professional position; minimum requirements for the position; foreign worker’s credentials; and the terms of employment.
- Documentation evidencing:
i. Canadian or Mexican citizenship (passport)
ii. Professional status (college degree, license, membership or other relevant credential)
- Copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (if foreign worker is lawfully in the U.S.).
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Contact us for a free consultation by:
Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer’