Sample Lists

Sample H-1B Petition List

Free Consultation »

In order to initiate or extend an H-1B, the petitioner (U.S. employer) must file a petition on behalf of the foreign worker with the USCIS.

The following is a sample list of forms and documentation required by the USCIS.

  1. Original Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker (Form I-129) with filing fees ($325 + $500 + $750 or $1500). Learn more about H-1B visa fees here.
  2. H Classification Supplement to Form I-129.
  3. H-1B Data Collection and Filing Fee Exemption Supplement.
  4. U.S. employer’s Letter in Support of the petition specifying the nature of the employer’s business; duties of the position qualifying it as a ‘specialty occupation’; minimum degree requirement; foreign worker’s credentials; and the terms of employment.
  5. Certified Labor Condition Application (Form ETA 9035).
  6. Proof of foreign worker’s credentials.
    i. Copy of degree or diploma
    ii. Copy of transcripts
    iii. Degree evaluation (if a foreign degree)
  7. Copy of biographic page of foreign worker’s passport (if foreign worker is lawfully in the U.S.).
  8. Copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (if foreign worker is lawfully in the U.S.).

*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Additional Questions?

For a further understanding of when and how the H-1B visa process works, you may wish to read our outline of the H-1B visa process, or our H-1B visa FAQs.

Contact us for a free consultation by:

Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer


Calling 206.269.1200