Sample Lists

Sample Initial E-2 Petition List

Free Consultation »

In order to initiate or extend an E-2, the foreign investor may file a petition with the USCIS.

The following is a sample list of forms and documentation required by the USCIS.

  1. Original Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker (Form I-129) with filing fee ($325). Learn more about E-2 visa fees here.
  2. E-2 Classification Supplement to Form I-129.
  3. Letter in Support of the petition specifying the treaty; the source of the investment; that the funds have been irrevocably committed; that the investment is ‘substantial’; that the investment is in an enterprise that is actually operating; that the enterprise is not ‘marginal’; that the foreign investor will develop and direct the operations of the enterprise; and the foreign investor’s credentials.
  4. Documentation evidencing:
    i. Treaty country citizenship (passport)
    ii. Source of Investment Funds
    iii. Investment of Funds
    iv. Enterprise
    v. Credentials
  5. Copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (if foreign investor is lawfully in the U.S.).

*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Additional Questions?

For a further understanding of when and how the E-2 visa process works, you may wish to read our outline of the E-2 visa process, or our E-2 visa FAQs.

Contact us for a free consultation by:

Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer


Calling 206.269.1200