The foreign investor may apply for an E-2 visa directly with the United States consulate. The following is a sample list of the documentation required by the United States consulate.
- Confirmation Page confirming completion of Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160) online.
- Payment of Nonimmigrant Visa Application Processing Fee ($205) for foreign investor. Learn more about E-2 visa fees here.
- Passport with expiration date of at least 6 months beyond issuance of E-2 visa.
- Color photograph (dimension of 2”x2”) of foreign investor.
- Letter in Support of the petition specifying the treaty; the source of the investment; that the funds have been irrevocably committed; that the investment is ‘substantial’; that the investment is in an enterprise that is actually operating; that the enterprise is not ‘marginal’; that the foreign investor will develop and direct the operations of the enterprise; and the foreign investor’s credentials.
- Table of contents and documentation evidencing source of investment funds; investment of funds; enterprise; and credentials.
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Contact us for a free consultation by:
Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer’