Can I change my name when I apply for naturalization (U.S. citizenship)?

Free Consultation »

Yes. If you present evidence of a legal name change (i.e. court order, marriage certificate) your ‘new’ name will appear on your certificate of naturalization. If you take the oath of allegiance in Court, you may request that the Court change your name.