Can the foreign worker change status to TN status in the United States?

Free Consultation »

Yes. If the foreign worker entered the United States in a different nonimmigrant visa category (i.e. visitor); was present in the United States in valid nonimmigrant status when the TN petition was approved; and a request for a change of status from the nonimmigrant status to TN status was requested, then the foreign worker could begin employment on the first date of validity of the TN status.