In order to initiate the marriage (immigrant) visa process, the petitioner (U.S. citizen or permanent resident) must file a petition on behalf of the foreign spouse’s minor child with the USCIS.
The following is a sample list of the documentation required by the USCIS.
- Original Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) with filing fee ($420). Learn more about marriage (immigrant) visa fees here.
- Original Biographic Information Sheet (Form G-325A) for foreign child.
- Original Biographic Information Sheet (Form G-325A) for U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Proof of petitioner’s U.S. citizenship.
i. Copy of certificate of naturalization OR
ii. Copy of U.S. passport OR
iii. Certified copy of certificate of birth*If a permanent resident, then proof of petitioner’s permanent residence (copy of permanent resident card).
- Two (2) color photographs (dimension of 2”x2”) of foreign child.
- Two (2) color photographs (dimension of 2”x2”) of U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Copy of divorce and/or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) of foreign spouse and U.S. citizen or permanent resident (if applicable).
- Copy of marriage certificate
- Copy of foreign child’s birth certificate
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Contact us for a free consultation by:
Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer’.