What is the procedure when a foreign spouse arrives in the United States?

Free Consultation »

Upon entry into the United States, your spouse and children will give a sealed envelope (provided by the U.S. embassy or consulate) to the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer. The CBP officer will stamp the foreign spouse’s passport. This signifies entry as an immigrant.