What if a foreign spouse entered the United States prior to marriage?

Free Consultation »

If your foreign spouse married you in the United States; entered on a non-immigrant visa; and is currently in the United States, it is possible that s/he could remain and file an application to adjust status with the USCIS to become a lawful permanent resident (‘green card’ holder). A review of the facts of the foreign spouse’s specific situation is required to make this determination.