Can a marriage petition be filed on behalf of a same-sex foreign spouse?

Free Consultation »

Yes. If the petitioner is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident s/he can file a marriage petition on behalf of their same-sex foreign spouse. The eligibility to file a marriage petition for a same-sex foreign spouse and the same-sex foreign spouse’s admissibility as an immigrant will be determined according to the immigration laws applicable to opposite-sex married couples.