Can the foreign worker change employers?

Free Consultation »

Yes. If the foreign worker is present in the United States in valid H-1B status then the foreign worker can begin employment with the ‘new’ company as soon as the H-1B petition is filed by the ‘new’ company with the USCIS (this assumes that the foreign worker’s new employment is in the same or a similar occupation).