Free Consultation »

Your fiancé(e) requires a K-1 visa to enter the United States. Is your fiancé(e) eligible to apply for a K-1 visa?

What are the Requirements to Obtain a K-1 Visa?

U.S. Citizen

The person filing the petition must be a United States citizen either by birth or naturalization.

Marital Status

You and your fiancé(e) must both be legally free to marry (i.e. divorced, single or widowed).

Meeting in Person

You and your fiancé(e) must have met with each other in person within a 2 year period previous to the filing of the petition.

Marital Intent

You and your fiancé(e) have a genuine relationship and a bona-fide intent to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s entry into the United States.

Financial Support

The person filing the petition must be able to demonstrate that s/he can financially support their fiancé(e), that they fulfill the minimum financial support requirements or that they have a co-sponsor who does.

Criminal History

You or your fiancé(e) have not committed certain crimes.

Additional Questions?

More information about the specific requirements of obtaining a fiancé(e) visa is available on the fiancé(e) visa FAQs.