Sample Lists

Sample Permanent Residence List

Free Consultation »

Assuming that the foreign worker entered the United States on a non-immigrant visa (i.e. H-1B visa) and is currently in the United States legally, s/he can file an application for permanent residence. In order to initiate the permanent residence process, the foreign worker files applications as detailed below.

The following is a sample list of the documentation required by the USCIS.

  1. Copy of USCIS Notice of Action (Form I-797B) approving the immigrant petition (Form I-140).
  2. Letter from U.S. employer confirming full time, permanent position established in (Form I-140).
  3. Copy of Visa Bulletin confirming availability of employment based immigrant visa number;
  4. Original Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485) with filing fee ($1070). Learn more about permanent residence fees here.
  5. Original Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765).
  6. Original Application for Travel Document (Form I-131).
  7. Original Biographic Information Sheet (Form G-325A).
  8. Six (6) color photographs (dimension of 2”x2”).
  9. Copy of divorce and/or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) (if applicable).
  10. Copy of marriage certificate.
  11. Copy of passport.
  12. Copy of Arrival/Departure Record (form I-94).
  13. Sealed medical examination.

*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

**Foreign worker’s spouse and/or children must provide similar applications and documentation.

Contact us for a free consultation by:

Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer’.


Calling 206.269.1200