Sample Lists

Sample EB-3 U.S. Embassy List

Free Consultation »

Assuming that the foreign worker is outside the United States at the time the immigrant visa number becomes available, s/he will proceed to the United States embassy or consulate in their native country. At the interview, the consular officer will verify that all required documentation has been provided by the EB-3 immigrant visa applicant.

The following is a sample list of the documentation required by the United States Embassy.

  1. Confirmation Page confirming completion of Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-260) online.
  2. Payment of Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee ($345) for foreign individual. Learn more about employment (immigrant) visa fees here.
  3. Original USCIS Notice of Action (Form I-797B) approving the Immigrant Petition.
  4. Copy of previously filed Immigrant Petition.
  5. Proof of foreign worker’s credentials.
  6. Passport with expiration date of at least 6 months beyond issuance date of immigrant visa. Each child must also possess a valid passport.
  7. Birth certificate.
  8. Divorce, annulment and/or death certificates of any previous spouses (if applicable).
  9. Child custody decree (if applicable).
  10. Police certificate(s) from foreign worker present country of residence and all countries where foreign worker lived for 6 months or more since the age of 16. Each child at or over the age of 16 must also provide a police certificate.
  11. Military records (if applicable).
  12. Court and prison records (if applicable).
  13. Medical examination performed by an authorized physician. Each child (regardless of age) is also required to complete a medical examination by an authorized physician.
  14. Two (2) color photographs (dimension of 2”x2”) of foreign spouse and each child.

*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

**Foreign worker’s spouse and/or children must provide similar applications and documentation.

Contact us for a free consultation by:

Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer’.


Calling 206.269.1200