Your company successfully obtained labor certification for a valued employee and must now proceed to the second step of the permanent residence process and file an Immigrant Petition (on behalf of the foreign individual) with the USCIS.
The following is a sample list of forms and documentation required by the USCIS.
- Original Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140) with filing fees ($580). Learn more about employment (immigrant) visa fees here.
*The Immigrant Petition may be filed along with a Premium Processing Request resulting in a decision being rendered in 15 calendar days.
- Original, valid, certified Application for Permanent Employment Certification (ETA Form 9089).
- U.S. employer’s Letter in Support of the petition specifying the nature of the employer’s business; duties of the position qualifying it for the employment based preference category; foreign individual’s credentials; the terms of employment; ability to pay the offered wage.
- Proof of ability to pay the offered wage.
i. Annual Report, federal income tax return or audited financial statement
ii. W-2 for foreign individual
- Proof of foreign individual’s credentials.
- Copy of biographic page of foreign individual’s passport (if foreign individual is lawfully in the U.S.).
- Copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (if foreign individual is lawfully in the U.S.).
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Contact us for a free consultation by:
Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer’.