Sample Lists

Sample Initial EB-1 Outstanding Professor or Researcher Immigrant Petition List

Free Consultation »

Your company wishes to file an Immigrant Petition for an outstanding professor or researcher.

The following is a sample list of forms and documentation required by the USCIS.

  • Original Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140) with filing fees ($580). Learn more about employment (immigrant) visa fees here.

    *The Immigrant Petition may be filed along with a Request for Premium Processing Service ($1225) resulting in a decision being rendered in 15 calendar days. Learn more about employment (immigrant) visa fees here.

  • U.S. employer’s Letter in Support of the petition specifying the nature of the employer; duties of the position qualifying it for the employment based preference category; foreign worker’s credentials; the terms of employment; ability to pay the offered wage; that the foreign individual is recognized internationally as outstanding in a specific academic area; has 3 years of teaching or research experience in the academic area; and seeks entry into the United States for a tenure (or tenure track) teaching position.
  • Evidence of at least 2 of the following:
    i. Receipt of major awards or prizes for outstanding achievement.
    ii. Membership in an association that requires outstanding achievement.
    iii. Published material in professional publications written by others about the foreign individual’s work.
    iv. Participation as a judge evaluating the work of others in the field.
    v. Evidence of original scientific research.
    vi. Authorship of scholarly books or articles in the field.
  • Proof of ability to pay the offered wage.
    i. Annual Report, federal income tax return or audited financial statement.
    ii. W-2 for foreign individual.
  • Copy of biographic page of foreign individual’s passport (if foreign individual is lawfully in the U.S.).
  • Copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (if foreign individual is lawfully in the U.S.).

*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Additional Questions?

For a further understanding of when and how employment (immigrant) visa process works, you may wish to read our outline of the employment (immigrant) visa process, or our employment (immigrant) visa FAQs.

Contact us for a free consultation by:

Entering your information in the ‘Free Consultation’ box and clicking ‘Get an Answer’.


Calling 206.269.1200