The exceptional ability foreign individual wishes to file an Immigrant Petition.
The following is a sample list of forms and documentation required by the USCIS.
- Original Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140) with filing fee ($580). Learn more about employment (immigrant) visa fees here.*The Immigrant Petition may be filed along with a Request for Premium Processing Service ($1225) resulting in a decision being rendered in 15 calendar days. Learn more about employment (immigrant) visa fees here.
- Foreign Individual’s Letter in Support of the petition specifying that the foreign individual has extraordinary ability in sciences, art, education, business or athletics which has been demonstrated through sustained national or international acclaim; that the foreign individual’s achievements have been recognized in the field through extensive documentation; and that the foreign individual seeks entry into the United States to continue work in the area of extraordinary ability.
- Evidence of at least 3 of the following:
i. Receipt of major awards or prizes for outstanding achievement.
ii. Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized awards or prizes.
iii. Membership in an association in the field for which classification is sought which requires outstanding achievement of their members.
iv. Published material about the foreign individual in major trade publications or other major media.
v. Participation as a judge evaluating the work of others in the field.
vi. Evidence of original scientific, scholastic, artistic, athletic or business related contributions of major significance.
vii. Authorship of scholarly articles in the field.
viii. Artistic exhibitions or showcases.
ix. Performance in a leading or cultural role for organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation.
x. High salary or remuneration in relation to others in the field.
xi. Commercial success in the performing arts.
- Copy of biographic page of foreign individual’s passport (if foreign individual is lawfully in the U.S.).
- Copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record (if foreign individual is lawfully in the U.S.).
*All foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
For a further understanding of when and how employment (immigrant) visa process works, you may wish to read our outline of the employment (immigrant) visa process, or our employment (immigrant) visa FAQs.