What is an Application for Employment Authorization?

Free Consultation »

An Application for Employment Authorization (form I-765) is filed in the United States by the foreign worker with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) along with the permanent residence application to request issuance of an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to allow the foreign worker to work legally in the United States until such time as the permanent residence application is decided.