What is a permanent residence application?

Free Consultation »

A permanent residence application is filed in the United States by the foreign worker with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The foreign worker must have entered the United States on a non-immigrant visa (i.e. H-1B) and is currently in the United States legally. The application, if approved, allows the foreign worker to obtain permanent residence. A review of the facts of the foreign worker’s specific situation is required to make this determination.