What are the requirements to file an Immigrant petition?
Free Consultation »
- The U.S. employer must obtain a certified, individual Application for Permanent Employment Certification (labor certification) from the Department of Labor.
- The petitioner must be a U.S. employer (company or individual).
- There must be an employer/employee relationship between the U.S. employer and foreign worker.
- The U.S. employer must offer a full time, permanent position.
- The foreign worker must qualify for the employment based preference category.
- The foreign worker must possess the education, training or work experience required by the employment based category.
- The U.S. employer must attest that it will pay the foreign worker at least the prevailing wage.