Can the foreign investor change status to E-2 status in the United States?

Free Consultation »

Yes. If the foreign investor entered the United States in a different nonimmigrant visa category (i.e. visitor); was present in the United States in valid nonimmigrant status when the E-2 petition was approved; and a request for a change of status from the nonimmigrant status to E-2 status was requested, then the foreign investor could begin employment on the first date of validity of the E-2 status.